First-time jobseekers will be exempted from paying government fees and charges on documents needed for job application under a new law First-time Jobseekers Assistance Act (RA 11261) signed by President Duterte.
Under the law, individuals who seek employment for the first time will be able to secure identification documents and clearances issued by the government for free.
Application for the following documents will be free of charge under the new law:
1. Police clearance certificate
2. National Bureau of Investigation clearance
3. Barangay clearance
4. Medical certificate from a public hospital
5. Birth certificate
6. Marriage certificate
7. Transcript of academic records issued by state colleges and universities
8. Tax Identification Number (TIN)
9. Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) card
10. Other documentary requirements issued by the government that may be required by employers for job applicants
The law takes effect 15 days after publication in the Official Gazette or a newspaper.